Sunday, July 12, 2009

TdF Stage 9

Egoi Martinez took the mountains jersey today, with Franco Pellizotti 23 points behind. I expected David Moncoutie to make a stronger run for the jersey, but he did enough too keep himself in contention by getting in today's early break and fighting for a few points. Yes, this is a minor matter, but I don't have much more to say about the fairly boring stage today. Whatever happened to that plucky little mountain scamp, Riccardo Ricco? I miss him.


I also missed most of the TV coverage since I was "enjoying" a 40km time trial today. Unfortunately I did just well enough to encourage myself to put some more work into TTs. My current muscle aches provide evidence that Fabian Cancellara's massive glutes have contributed greatly to his success.

No comments:

Post a Comment